The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. Ratinanniemi, 33200 Tampere. Multi, Asfaltti ja hiekkatie . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Tampere parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Tampere parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionOut & back course starting by the Laukonsilta bridge in Ratinanniemi Park. Course goes right next to Pyhäjärvi lake to the Arboretum and back.
Edestakainen reitti Laukonsillan vierestä Pyhäjärven rantoja myöten Arboretumin puistoon, jossa käännytään ja tullaan samaa reittiä takaisin
FacilitiesToilets are available in the cafes.
Vessat ovat käytettävissä kahviloissa
Location of startStarting by the Laukonsilta bridge in Ratinanniemi Park.
Lähtö Laukonsillan silta Ratinanniemen puistossa.
Getting there by public transportWhen arriving by bus hop-off in the Keskustori-stop and walk 500 metres south towards the Ratina Stadium. Walk across Laukonsilta bridge. Event location is right next to bridge.
Bussilla kulkiessasi jää Keskustorin pysäkillä pois ja kävele 500 metriä etelään Ratinan stadionin suuntaan. Ylitä Laukonsilta ja tapahtumapaikka on aivan sillan vieressä
Getting there on footThere is approximately 500 metres walk from the Keskustori (Central Square) to the starting point. Event location is right next to Laukonsilta bridge by the Ratina stadium.
Tampereen Keskustorilta on n. 500 m kävelymatka aloituspisteelle. Tapahtuma paikka on Laukontorin vieressä Ratinan stadionin puolella
Getting there by roadArrive at Laukontori and leave your car there. Then walk over the Laukonsilta bridge towards the Stadium. The start is right next to the bridge.
Autolla kulkiessa aja Laukontorille ja jätä auto parkkipaikalle. Kävele Laukonsillan yli Ratinan stadion puolelle, jossa lähtö on Laukonsillan vierestä